Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Presenting @ UKOUG RAC & HA SIG meeting on Feb 10

On February 10, 2010, the UKOUG RAC & HA SIG will organize it's half-yearly SIG meeting.

I am very pleased to tell you that I have been invited to join this meeting and present about the recovery method I have been exploring lately (see this post, with all its referring posts).

The agenda is not yet fully confirmed, but there will be
  • a forum discussion on the topic of using Grid and/or Real Applications Cluster for consolidation;
  • Martin Bach (Oracle 10g Certified Master) will do a presentation.
  • My presentation - Lightning fast recovery of (physically) corrupted databases without the need to restore the backup - or - To Restore Or Not?
Other presentations / sessions have to be confirmed yet, but it all seems quite promising (if I may speak - partially - for myself:-).
Once the program is confirmed completely, I will post about it again.

The event will take place on Feb. 10 at the Customer Visitor Center at Oracle Thames Valley Park in Reading, UK.

Looking forward to an incredible day of learning and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment